A Heat recovery unit is a simple device that uses the heat in the outgoing stale air to heaten the incoming fresh air.

Life inside today’s air-tight homes generates both moisture and pollutants.  Moisture can come from cooking, washing, showers etc. and is a breeding ground for mould, mildew, fungi and bacteria.  Mould and dust particles become airborne and can cause a range of symptoms and allergic reactions.  Appliances that utilise combustion have the potential for allowing gases, including carbon monoxide, and other pollutants to escape into the air. Some common sources may include gas ranges and water heaters, unvented space heaters, leaky chimneys and wood-burning appliances. Even breathing can add to the problem when carbon dioxide reaches excessive levels, creating stale air.